Thursday, January 24, 2008

MLK DAY

Monday, January 21, 2008

BAMN "Rally" in Ann Arbor

Last year, UM YAF courageously stood up against BAMN and their blatant disregard for the majority of Michigan voters desire to end racial preferences, quotas and reverse discrimination by protesting their senseless rally. 90% of the BAMNers were school children, promised candy and pizza paid for by tax dollars to wave their arms around for a cause they do not understand. I held a sign with the famous MLK quote "They will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character", and I asked a little girl "Do you understand what this means? Do you even know why you are here?" and a BAMN member yelled to the girl "Don't listen to that white lady!!!", and they would not let her hear anything I said. The girl looked at me like I was vermon. Just for my skin color being different than hers, it wasn't the "right" color for them.

Now this is what they are fighting for?



BAMN held another "rally" this year, and I went to investigate. There were no drums or megaphones. I kept checking my watch to see if I had the wrong time, but no, it was noon. There was no one on campus, except some lone students walking back from the library. One thing is certain: BAMN has lost all momentum, they are done, Michigan Voters have scored a victory. BAMN couldn't even bribe the school children with pizza to march.

No comments: